google-site-verification: google82af41cbbb927c7d.html Grove Creek Family History: Will You Be Remembered?

Mt. Timpanogos Temple, photo by Rick Satterfield, used with permission

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Will You Be Remembered?

Clip art: Microsoft Office Images|
 The other day I was contemplating the mysteries of the universe and my brain landed upon the subject of writing a personal history. Have you written your personal history yet? I have often wished that I had journals of something of my ancestors so that I could know what their lives were like. Sure, I can go to history books ( or google different time periods) and find out what was happening in their lifetimes, but having a personal record would be so much nicer! I find that I would hate to leave this world without giving my kids a little something about their mom. At least, they will find out that "yes, I was young once!" and "yes, I do know how you feel."
Getting started is the hard part, at least for most people. The task seems so overwhelming. Here is a link that gives some ideas and other links to help you get started. Find your own personal style and write, write, write!

P.S. Check out Geneabloggers Radio Program #27 from this past Friday night. The topic was Your Story Matters – Capturing Your Personal Family History

Special guests included Ian Kath from Sydney, Australia, founder of Create Your Life Story; Zach Weiner Storytree.me and Amy Coffin of the We Tree blog. 


No comments:

Copyright 2013 by Rayanne Brunski Melick,
All Rights Reserved.